Sunday, October 17, 2010

Saying Goodnight

Saying goodnight can take hours at my house. We start at 9pm. we had a schedule, and my husbands boss changed his hours and now, its hard for us to get back into a schedule.

My oldest son just came out and wants to talk about socks and toothpaste, and why he isn't in bed, and he wanders through the house yelling about this and that and I am weary.

My youngest son has so far today threatened to beat up his brother, refused to help go get a car, argued with his mother and yelled at me for talking to him.

How do you get this far and not lose your mind? I want to have a normal quiet house where the kids don't yell shut up and scare you? I want to be able to put my children to bed, and have them go to bed. Goodnight Josh I say it for the millionth time, and I am tired of saying goodnight.
Lights out boys, and they explain why its still on, then they argue with each other, and finally the voices start to fade and they drift into a slumber.
I stop and say a quiet pray maybe I get to rest tonight. I am an insomniac because for the last 17 years of my life, I would wake when Josh woke, and sleep in those random moments of joy & silence.
Today I just want a quiet nights sleep...

No comments:

Post a Comment